In this session...
Don’t waste the once in a generation opportunity to build a more inclusive, flexible and forward-looking future of work for the creative industries.
Having successfully negotiated remote working, in the rush to return to ‘normal’, we risk losing out on the gains of recent months.
Space for a diverse range of people is vital to the long-term success and cultural relevance of our industry, so what can we do to build a future of work that gives everyone a seat at the table - whether at home or in the office?
In the wake of Coronavirus, discussions on the need for flexible working can feel outdated. But it's more important than ever. This session will examine:
The reset opportunity: why now is a unique opportunity to redesign how we work.
The productivity paradox: LinkedIn research suggests we are working more since lockdown; are we more productive WFH or are today’s frenetic ways of working unsustainable?
Self-care: how to better balance in an era when we brought not only our whole selves, but our entire families to work. Why rest and regular changes of environment are vital to creative thought.
The fallacy of absolutes: returning to the office is not an all or nothing pursuit
Redefining value: beyond time-sheets towards time well spent.
The virtual safety net: How to support new talent and develop future leaders, providing mentorship in a virtual setting. It's essential to client and agency growth, and maintaining our own health as managers.
What You'll Learn from This Session...
- Busting the myth of the ‘great office return’ with a thoughtful and transparent insight into how to build a thriving creative culture and strong client relationships in the midst of Coronavirus and expected recession.
- Practical advice on how to better navigate the work-life blend and introduce boundaries in virtual working.
- Insight into how to redefine a business value system which is still based on time into a broader understanding of the value of creative work.
- Tips on how better to protect ourselves and each other from burnout.
- Tips on how to protect culture and provide mentoring opportunities in virtual settings.
- Tips on how to focus on the gaps between the obstacles to make positive changes to your life, career and business